Cheshire & Welsh Borders
Day 1: We depart our local area early morning and make our way across country to the charming market town of Bakewell. We rest
here before continuing on through majestic peaks to our hotel arriving late afternoon with time to relax before dinner.
Day 2: Today we visit the historic city of Chester. Founded as a Roman fortress in the 1st century and renowned for its extensive Roman Walls and recently excavated Roman Amphitheatre. If history does not excite you then visit the rows a 2 storey Tudor shopping mall. Upon arrival in the city join us for a guided tour of the city with a local guide giving you chance to get a feel for the city. We depart late afternoon and return to our hotel with time to refresh before dinner.
Day 3: This morning we visit the ancient salt mining town of Northwich. The town has undergone major financial investment over recent years to stabilise the old salt mines and for redevelopment such as Baron Quay a new shopping and leisure area. After lunch we depart for our included trip on board the Anderton boat lift (short walk to attraction from coach park) and river cruise. The lift rises vertically 50ft and provides a link between two navigable waterways. We return to our hotel late afternoon with time to refresh before dinner.
Day 4: We depart our hotel after breakfast and make our way to Llangollen an historic waypoint on the London to Holyhead coach route. On our arrival enjoy an included cruise on the River Dee. Upon your return enjoy free time in this charming town before joining us on a nostalgic rail journey to Corwen. We depart Corwen and enjoy a scenic drive back to our hotel.
Day 5: Today sadly we leave our hotel for the journey homeward. We stop en-route for your comfort and arrive back in our local area late
3* Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
• The hotel has no lift but 50% of the bedrooms are situated on the ground floor with the rest accessed by one flight of stairs.
• The hotel benefits from an extensive leisure centre which is accessed via 18 steps inside the hotel or no steps from the outside access.
• The hotel rooms all have shower over bath facilities but two disabled bedrooms with wet rooms are available on request only.
• Triple bedrooms are also available on request i.e with 3 individual beds.
Cheshire & Welsh Borders
April 5, 2020 - April 9, 2020
- Chester Guided Tour
- Anderton Boat Lift and River Cruise
- River Dee Cruise
- Nostalgic Rail Journey